Supporting HLPA through Membership
Established in 2003, the Hawaii Lumber Products Association (HLPA) is committed to the education and promotion of lumber products as the best choice for construction in Hawaii. The HLPA educates the general public, homeowners, commercial builders, designers, and architects on the benefits of building with wood as a cost-effective and "green" sustainable resource.
According to President, Ken Laughlin of Pacific Wood Preserving, "Our members are professionals from a variety of industries that support construction in Hawaii. Membership is comprised of building material producers, shippers, suppliers, retailers, builders, and treatment companies across the mainland and Hawaii."
Benefits of membership are reflected in HLPA educational and promotional efforts:
- HLPA website with logos and links to promote member companies
- Member News section of website for press releases and company updates
- Quarterly eNewsletters
- Extensive multi-media campaign including print and radio
- Booth at the annual Pacific Building Trade Expo.
- Annual HLPA Wood & Lumber Resources Guide distributed in the Building Industry magazine, a publication exclusively for design, development and construction professionals throughout the Hawaiian Islands and Guam.
The HLPA continues to grow in membership year after year while promoting the key message Wood is the very best building material choice for Hawaii! To find out more about membership please call our offices at 541-WOOD (9663).